Thursday 17 November 2011

Epistolary Form

Since we talked about the epistolary from in our creative writing class I am obsessed with it. Those days, I keep wanting to write in this form or in variants of it (and I have noticed that I am not the only one from the class that feels this way).

 I find that it opens a door into the life of the character. You see what the character wants to share and how he shares it.
It also allows many different narrators within one story. Letters by many different characters can be included.
I also find interesting how you construct a plot through letters. I think that Chelsea, in our class, did a great job at constructing a story with emails. You could easily trace character development through the exchange of messages.

My final comment: It is so great that the characters are writing the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment